Registration is now open for our Fall/Winter season!
We are thrilled to announce a return to in-person choir in September, after 18 months of mostly being online. We are cautiously optimistic that we will be able to go ahead, and have all possible precautions in place to keep everyone safe. If we stay in phase 3 of the re-opening plan, we are able to hold in-person rehearsals under the guidelines of the BC Provincial Health Officer. Safety is our top priority, and we will adapt accordingly based on the BC Provincial Health guidelines and restrictions, as well as the overall comfort of the group.
When: Tuesdays 7 – 9 pm, September 21 2021 – Feb 1, 2022
Where: St. Barnabas’ Anglican Church (1525 Begbie St)
Cost: $225 for 17 sessions with three weeks off at Christmas
The season Our season will consist of a wide range of repertoire, including music by Tom Petty, Dodie, and Bill Withers. There will be 17 rehearsals total with three weeks off at Christmas, and the choir concert will be on February 5th at Alix Goolden Hall. We also have the capacity to stream rehearsals if we need to. Please let us know if this is something that would interest you.
Given that singing has been proven to be a risky activity, we will be requiring proof of double vaccination for in-person rehearsals until further notice, as well as mandatory masks. Please see our COVID-19 policy (below) for more information, and do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your cooperation.
For e-transfers, please send to email@example.com with password “singsingsing” and an accompanying email including your contact information.
• Singers will be spaced out by minimum 6ft/2m during rehearsal, and social distancing guidelines (6ft/2m) are to be followed in all social scenarios as well.
• Masks will be required for singing and socializing depending on guidelines, restrictions, and case-loads on the island.
• Access to hand sanitizing products is provided for all members, as well as disposable masks if needed
• Members will be asked to self-monitor, and not attend rehearsals if they are feeling unwell. Symptoms include shortness of breath, cough, sore throat, runny nose, diarrhea, headache, or abnormal fatigue. A negative test will be required before coming to the next week’s rehearsal.
• Temperatures may be taken as each chorister enters the space
• No handshaking or hugs is the new normal
• All high-touch surfaces will be cleaned by Village Choir staff before and after rehearsals