COVID-19 Protocols for our Fall 2021 Season
After being mostly online for the last year and a half, we are incredibly excited to welcome you back to in-person rehearsals. We are doing everything in our power to make our gatherings as safe as possible, and will adapt as needed over the next few months. The following are a set of guidelines put forth by The Village Choir to keep choristers and their families safe, and they are based on the current BC Provincial Health Guidelines as well as suggestions around choir safety from various choral organizations. They may include but are not limited to:
- Proof of two vaccines will be required to sing in The Village Choir until further notice as singing is categorized as a risky activity, and information on vaccine mandates can be found HERE. There are certain accommodations that can be made on code-protected grounds, according to the Human Rights Commissioner of BC. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
- Singers will be spaced out by minimum 6ft/2m during rehearsal, and social distancing guidelines (6ft/2m) are to be followed in all social scenarios as well.
- Masks will potentially be required for singing and socializing depending on guidelines, restrictions, and case-loads on the island.
- Access to hand sanitizing products is provided for all members, as well as disposable masks if needed
- Members will be asked to self-monitor, and not attend rehearsals if they are feeling unwell. Symptoms include shortness of breath, cough, sore throat, runny nose, diarrhea, headache, or abnormal fatigue. A negative test will be required before coming to the next week’s rehearsal.
- Temperatures may be taken as each chorister enters the space
- No handshaking or hugs is the new normal
- All high-touch surfaces will be cleaned by Village Choir staff before and after rehearsals
- The Village Choir will continue to monitor changes in guidelines and restrictions, and adapt accordingly.